Sunday, May 26, 2013

One Man Awake

One Man Awake

One man awake awakens another,
The second awakens his next door neighbor,
And three awake can rouse the town,
and turn the whole place upside down.
And many awake can raise such a fuss,
That it finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up with dawn in his eyes - multiplies.

[Author Unknown, or disputed, perhaps by Helen Kromer or Lawrence Tribble]


I've found that simple poem to be an inspiration throughout the years. I really appreciate those whose labors in the Lord have been of such use to me. If you are one, thank you.


I just posted to my other site a somewhat organized encyclopedic compilation of Meanings of the Letter X, Esoteric and Otherwise including some of my own insight.


Woe to those who deeply hide their plans from the LORD, And whose deeds are done in a dark place, And they say, “Who sees us?” or “Who knows us?” ~ Isaiah 29:15

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. ~ Isaiah 26:9

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word. ~ Psalms 119:67

No comments:

Post a Comment